3D Printing is a very popular facet of the maker/hacker movement. Though they are still a bit difficult to use/calibrate, they are capable of printing 3D items based on CAD models and using extruded filament.
- Repetierhost used by the Freeside terminal to generate gcode from .stl files and command the 3D printers
- Slic3r is integrated with repetier host above or used as a stand alone to generate machine readable gcode from an .stl 3D model.
- Cura LulzBot branded flavor of Cura, included with the LulzBot Mini.
- Printer Firmware
Any software that can generate an .stl 3D image file is suitable. Below is an incomplete list of popular options.
- AutoDesk (various products)
- LulzBot AO-100
- The Kraken (custom--designed by Redbeard)
- Lulzbot Mini
- Wall of Spool
- Thingomatic (museum)
- Cupcake 1 (museum)
- Cupcake 2 (museum)
- Reprap (museum)
- Member workstation
- Reprap Assembly
- ≠ Assembling the Kraken ***finally done, woohoo!
- ≠ Kraken2_loop.gif|≠ Commissioning the Kraken ***Done
- Kraken enhancements
- - Spool Holder
- - Enclosure
- - Lighting & LEDs
- - Cooling Fan independent switch
- - Leveling print bed