Here are some ideas for classes that we think the Freeside community would love -
Electronics and Microcontrollers
There are a lot of great electronics resources at Freeside, but sometimes people need a review of the basics to get started. Students can pay for the class and/or materials for the following topics:
- Basic Electronics + Soldering
- ICs and Oscilloscopes
- Electromagnetism and Circuit Design
- Arduino 101
- Arduino for Data Logging / Ethernet
- Raspberry Pi 101
- Raspberry Pi Servers!
- XBMC on Raspberry Pi (RasPi Media Center)
- TI MSP-430 101
- JeeNode, Ninja Blocks, BeagleBone, NETduino, etc...
- Fun with Analog and Digital LEDs
2D and 3D modeling
Lots of interest in this stuff lately...
- Intro to 3D Printing
- Using the Laser Cutter
- OpenSCAD, 123D Design, etc... CAD basics
- 3D Scanning with the (whatever) device
- Prototyping with 3D Printing!
Design and Production
Getting the message out and sharing your creations with the world! This is a pretty mixed bag, but it's hard to neatly categorize this stuff so this is what we came up with...
- Basics of Web Design / UX
- Ways to think about Product Design
- Intro to Screenwriting
- Podcasting on a Budget
- Editing your Podcasts using (whatever) software
- Arduino-controlled Camera Mounts
- DIY Steadicam
Woodworking and Metalworking
Hands-on classes that are more likely to be smaller in size and more expensive. Includes a shop safety section at the beginning.
- Intro to Machining
- Intro to Woodworking
- Intro to Mold Making
- Intro to Blacksmithing
- Quick and Dirty Design - for Artwork and Prototyping
- Cosplay Shop Class