From Freeside Atlanta
Revision as of 15:13, 6 November 2013 by Steamboat
We're always looking for new opportunities to facilitate projects/education in the space. New equipment can help us do that, so we decided to make a wishlist of some of the things that we need for the space.
- Electrical wiring: running new outlets, and...other activities... (certification required)
- Woodworking, construction: help with shelf/hutch building for electronics, help with member storage build-out
- Mural Art: artists, pick a spot on the wall and make it yours! We also want input on designing logos for each of our zones
- Classes: Teaching at Freeside raises money for the space, helps educate our community, and can put a little extra money in your pocket. You don't have to be a member or an expert to teach a class, you just have to have some basic skills and a plan to share them.
- Projects: Volunteering your skills on projects (and Build-Outs) is a great way to meet people and help out. Check out our Meetup account for upcoming opportunities to jump on in.
Space Improvement Projects
- Expand the security/access control system.
- Fix or trade in the kiln and create an area for it.
- Improve the auditorium lighting and seating.
- Add more documentation for the Equipment and teach more basics Classes for it.
- Install drop ceiling for the classroom.
- ABS: Our 3D printers need more spools in a variety of colors; we are good on white ABS!
- Paint (dark, black, matte): for shrouding the stage in the darkness
- Paint (brighter colors especially, not black/grey/white): we are painting an internet meme explosion mural in the front bathroom, and Carrie needs more paint
- Printer ink for the HP L7680
- LR44 Batteries
- Sharpies of all shapes, sizes, and color
- Rechargeable batteries
- Box Cutters
- Micro-USB cables and chargers
- Recording and mastering software/hardware
- Valid Windows licenses
- VOIP solution for linking our Google Voice number (or similar service) to the space
- Good, functional computers
- Audio/lighting/DJ equipment
- Interesting Human Interface Devices
- Arduinos, other automation controllers or kits
- Raspberry Pis: for use with the access control project, or with the informational kiosks like we have in the welcome zone
- 4+ port NIC card for rack system, or full system: we are trying to build a router to create subnets, see Alan or any IT staff person for details
- Mounts for rack systems: stacking the pizza boxen on top of each other just won’t do
- Larger LCD monitors, flat screen TVs: we want to put up informational kiosk displays around the space
- Breadboards: some members have asked and are unclear if some “projects” could be reclaimed or if there are extra breadboards to go around
- Folding chairs: for when we host large talks or events
- Door and ceiling: for the classroom, to cut down on the noise
- Door/Steel/Mesh: for the server room door, for peace of mind
- Help with getting the existing phone system up and running, for being able to dial other phones in the space, and linking that to VOIP
- Working UPS's for various workstations
- Member storage bins: We are getting new members! Let’s have a few bins at the ready to get them on-board
- Small to Medium plastic bins: We can start subdividing or replacing cardboard boxes storing things in the parts storage
- Lumber: ask about specifics, but the two main projects that could use some lumber are for the electronics lab benches and for improvements to member storage
- Engraving plastic: for creating signage with Randy’s CNC!
- Sheetrock, for classroom and other finishing and build-out needs.
- Pallet jack
- Pottery wheel
- Welding supplies
- Welding Gloves
- Hammer drill
- Concrete bits
- Painting supplies
- Magnetic Sweeper/Pickup tool for the floor