We're always looking for new opportunities to facilitate projects/education in the space. New equipment can help us do that, so we decided to make a wishlist of some of the things that we need for the space.
If you have any items you would like to donate to our space, please contact email@example.com with details to arrange the donation drop off.
- Mural Art: Artists, pick a spot on the wall and make it yours! For large pieces, please give the directors a heads-up.
- Classes: Teaching at Freeside raises money for the space, helps educate our community, and can put a little extra money in your pocket. You don't have to be a member or an expert to teach a class, you just have to have some basic skills and a plan to share them.
- Projects: Volunteering your skills on projects (and Build-Outs) is a great way to meet people and help out. Check out our Meetup account for upcoming opportunities to jump on in.
- 105" bandsaw blades for the Delta
- Resin for the 3D printer (Elegoo grey is a good choice)
- Paper towels and toilet paper
- Ten-gallon trash can liners
- More CAD licenses and modules (Solidworks/Fusion/AutoCAD)
- Windows 10/11 LTSC licenses (ideally 2021 or later)
- SSDs of reasonable size (256GB+ 2.5" drives would be great)
- LCD monitors with HDMI (most of our current monitors only have VGA/DVI input)
- Audio/lighting/DJ equipment
- Human Interface Devices (decent mice, VR headsets and controllers...)
- Modern Raspberry Pis and microcontrollers (We have lots of Arduino UNOs, but something more powerful would be great)
- Working UPSes for various systems
- Materials for an additional member storage rack (lots of 1" square steel tube and at least 3/4" plywood)
- Other comparable shelving for member storage
- Bar/tube/sheet steel for buildout projects
- Lumber - 2x4" lengths and plywood sheets are always useful
- Decent-size toaster oven for the kitchen (ideally pizza-capable)
- Dust collection for everything (getting close to done on this one)
- More area rugs of various sizes for up front
- Big Ass Fans for the workshop
- Better planer (currently have an old Grizzly G0505 12.5") - something like a modern 13" DeWalt would be awesome!
- Better jointer
- 4x8 CNC router (Maslow build still in progress, has yet to cut anything)
- Track saw
- More clamps of all shapes & sizes
- Surface grinder
- Small cnc mill, e.g. Tormach 440/770
- D bit grinder
- Drill press
- Roll-in saw, or other vertical metal cutting bandsaw
- Better horizontal bandsaw (currently have a small, aging Harbour Freight model)
- Better welding table
- Cnc plasma table
- Dry cut saw
- Power hammer
- Beefier press (currently have a manual 20-ton)
- Vehicle lift
- Vinyl cutter
- Upgraded laser cutter
- Rotary axis for laser cutter