How do I join Freeside?
So you want to be a member of Freeside Atlanta, eh? Awesome!
Feel free to drop in to our weekly meetings on Tuesdays at 7:30p to meet some folks and see what we've got going on. If you like what you see, and there's a project or class you're interested in, then start showing up to the project meetings or register for classes.
We are a friendly group and welcome newcomers. However, we do want to get to know you first. Here is the process for becoming a new member.
- Find two sponsors. In other words, come to some events and meet some folks.
- Send your bio and responses to some of the questions below to your sponsors.
- After a week, if nobody has an objection, then you're in! Welcome to the party!
- You will get all of the cool stuff that comes with being a member - check out the Benefits!
Quick re-cap: get two sponsors, participate in regular open events, be positive and awesome at all times, and then you'll get to be a member.
1. What do you think you can offer the space? (Skills, personality, a nice smile, etc.)
2. What do you think the space can offer you? (New talent, social networking, space to work, etc.)
3. What are some current project you are working on/want to work on? (If you have past projects you're proud of, now's the time to boast too)
5. How did you find/get interested in the space?
6.What classes would you be interested in seeing at the space? What might you be willing to teach?
7. What does the term 'hackerspace' mean to you?