Mettler PE 3600 Electronic Scale
This is a high precision scale, measuring to within 0.01 gram for smaller weights, and to within 0.1 gram for larger weights. Maximum weight measurable is 3600 grams (about 7.93 pounds). The case has been newly cleaned as of June 2015, and it is ready for use.
Do Not Hack
For general use by members (and guests with member permission and supervision) after reading Basic Instructions below. Treat this equipment as if it were your own.
Available for general use, but if there's another scale available with lesser but adequate accuracy for your task, it would be preferable to use that other scale.
Full accuracy requires 30 minutes warmup time and calibration, in that order. Read The Fine Manual for more info.
- Plug in power. If maximum accuracy is needed, wait 30 minutes and follow calibration instructions in The Fine Manual.
- Remove anything from the measurement tray, then press down on the metal bar at the edge of the display. All segments of the display will light for a few seconds to allow checking for missing segments, then "0.00g" will be display.
- Put item to be measured on measurement tray.
- Observe weight reading on display.
- If the display says "OFF" power has been interrupted and restored. Press down on the metal bar to restore operation.
- pull up on the metal bar at the edge of the display to turn off the display (unit remains powered internally to maintain calibration).
- if it is desired to display other units of weight, follow instructions in The Fine Manual.
Specifications and Detailed Instructions
- Resolution: 0.01g
- Maximum Measurement: 3600g (about 7.93 pounds)
The power connector on the back does not always make good contact to the IEC end of the power cord, making it appear the unit is not working. If unit does not come on, move around the power cord in the back connector and press the metal bar.