Ryobi 9" Band Saw BS903
A bandsaw is a power tool which uses a blade consisting of a continuous band of metal with teeth along one edge to cut various workpieces. The band usually rides on two wheels rotating in the same plane, although some bandsaws may have three or four wheels. Bandsawing produces uniform cutting action as a result of an evenly distributed tooth load. Bandsaws are used for woodworking, metalworking, or for cutting a variety of other materials. They are particularly useful for cutting irregular or curved shapes, but can make straight cuts. The minimum radius of a curve that can be cut on a particular saw is determined by the width of the band and its kerf.
Small bandsaw with 9 inch throat and 3 1/2 inch vertical (resaw) capability, for making straight or curved cuts in smaller pieces of wood.
The basic structure is not hackable, but:
- The blade is easily changeable/replaceable.
- The blade guides can be adjusted. The Fine Manual presumably has details.
For general use with minnimal knowledge of woodworking equipment and practices. Treat this equipment as if it were your own, cleaning items off of the top of the machine and around its table after usage.
Do not use for metal cutting. There is at least one bandsaw in the shop for metal cutting. Wood and plastic are acceptable materials.
This tool is very effective at cutting fingers. Use standard woodworking safety equipment such as goggles and saw workpiece "pusher" tools
- Connect and turn on dust collector if a significant amount of sawing (such as resawing) will be done.
- Turn on saw power and light power.
- Make cuts.
- Turn off saw power.
Specifications and Detailed Instructions
- 9 inch throat (frame to blade) capacity
- 3 1/2 inch cutting thickness (resaw) capacity (barely enough to resaw a standard 2x4)
- Table size with extension 11 3/4 x 14 3/4 inches
- Blade width 1/8" to 3/8"
- Blade length 59 1/4 to 59 1/2 inches
Full user manual in three languages http://manuals.ryobitools.com/system/files/304/original/BS903_979_trillingual.pdf?2011
- Band Saw Handbook by Mark Douginske http://www.amazon.com/Band-Saw-Handbook-Mark-Duginske/dp/0806963980/