3D Printing is a very popular facet of the maker/hacker movement. Though they are still a bit difficult to use/calibrate, they are capable of printing 3D items based on CAD models and using extruded filament.
- Repetierhost used by the Freeside terminal to generate gcode from .stl files and command the 3D printers
- Slic3r is integrated with repetier host above or used as a stand alone to generate machine readable gcode from an .stl 3D model
- Cura LulzBot branded flavor of Cura, included with the LulzBot Mini
- Marlin firmware running on all 3 machines
Any software that can generate an .stl 3D image file is suitable. Below is an incomplete list of popular options.
- AutoDesk (various products)
- Rebuild the AO-100
- Replace the heated bed and power supply on the Kraken
The Kraken rebuild nearly complete